images %IMG_DESC_8% . %IMG_DESC_1%
  • %IMG_DESC_1%



  • tuwato
    01-09 11:03 PM
    Hi everyone! Hope you guys can help me.

    We had our lawyer file my husband's H1B non-profit with me as his dependent. I guess you can say that we trusted our lawyer too much when he said that he filed both for H1B & H4. Now, I feel so stupid for not inquiring about it too much before.

    My husband's H1B just got approved and the lawyer is asking me now if I got my H4 or a notice of receipt of my own. I did not know that the notice of receipt for both of us should be different. I thought there ought to be 1 notice of receipt for the two of us since my status would be totally dependent whether or not he will be approved.

    When I asked them whether they are sure that they filed for the H4, they said that they did but they did not sound too convincing. They turn the table around by asking whether or not I received the notice of receipt and my approval.

    What concerns me are:

    (1) My husband's approval & notice of receipt arrived at the lawyer's/employer's office, why is mine supposed to be mailed at my place?

    (2) The possibility of H1B being approved and the H4 disapproved since we are both currently here in the United States already.

    (3) Do I have a real reason to be alarmed that I do not have an approval for H4 at hand? Is there a possibility that it's just delayed right now since the approval for H1B arrived just two days ago?

    (4) How can I verify whether the lawyer filed for the H4 with the H1B?

    Help!





    wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1% . %IMG_DESC_2%
  • %IMG_DESC_2%



  • chanukya
    05-16 02:36 PM
    Sanan,
    Thank you once again your confirmation of the fact, gives most of us a great relief.


    Thanks for correcting me :) yes the Antibody titer test
    And yes both me and my wife got it done. In fact my wife just got this done today.





    . %IMG_DESC_3%
  • %IMG_DESC_3%



  • obviously
    05-15 10:56 PM
    FOLKS, Please consider using this following approach:

    - Take 10 Minutes *NOW* to call these numbers to leave messages. If you are married, split these between husband and wife.
    - If you call *NOW*, you just need to leave a Voicemail.
    - Call at least 1 other friend and request him/her to call with these messages.
    - Use your Yahoo! or Hotmail address book and send the messages to your contacts
    - If you are on LinkedIn, send this message to your contacts.
    - If you are on Orkut, 'scrap' everyone

    This is key. Dont put this off.

    No one will help you. You've got to help yourself.

    This is one problem that cannot be 'outsourced'.

    It is easy to say .... "well others are calling. I know I should call but ...(fill in your favorite excuse)"!!

    15 minutes will potentially save you months of continued agony!

    The Admins have
    - Given the names and numbers
    - Give the script

    Just follow it. Please. Dont put this off. Dont expect 'someone else will do it'. Every call counts.

    If possible, have husband and wife EACH call. Have your kids call. Nothing like a child's voice, more so if your kid is a US Citizen. Tell your kid to identify himself/herself as a citizen. Also builds your child's self esteem and leadership instincts.

    Please, dont put this off. Your shopping trip, random errand, movie or dinner CAN wait.

    Take 15 minutes to call them NOW. If you call now, it will most likely go to Voice Mail. Thats OK. At least you wont be 'worried about not coming across OK'. Just do it. Please.

    And, do update the poll after that.

    Thanks!





    2011 %IMG_DESC_2% . %IMG_DESC_4%
  • %IMG_DESC_4%



  • istrategist
    04-25 08:53 AM
    Update to my case (below): got a text message on 4/23 saying that VSC now sent it back to TSC (where I had sent it in the first place a month ago). Have to wait for the paper notice to see what silly reason they give for doing this, and delaying the app by another month.

    my EAD app was delivered to tx on 3/29, and I got a text on 4/6 saying it was accepted and routed to VSC. A few days later, I got the notice in the mail.



    more...


    . %IMG_DESC_5%
  • %IMG_DESC_5%



  • krishnam70
    07-11 08:25 PM
    Awesome! Finally some real proof.:D EOM





    . %IMG_DESC_6%
  • %IMG_DESC_6%



  • Saralayar
    04-10 01:41 PM
    Yeah, but the 5th item being demanded is the same as a free trip to the moon with out any flight training. In a logical and sensible world it will not work and will make this forum and organization look like have no motive or direction with every demand being considered viable., just beacuse it "sounds like a great idea" to a few folks.
    You will never change yourself. Please get out of this thread and we don't need your comments. Sorry to say this.



    more...


    . %IMG_DESC_7%
  • %IMG_DESC_7%



  • acepb
    04-18 11:18 AM
    I applied for 10 years passport extension ( old one issued from india) on March 05.2008 by Fedex. CGI Houston received it on March 06. Couldn't contact consulate employees as no one picks up the phone.

    So went today to CGI Houston to check the status personally.
    Checked with mail room and came to know that they had posted the passport yesterday. I received it in Fedex today. CGI mail room even provided me Fedex tracking number.

    Old passport issued from : India
    CGI received date: March-06-2008
    Completed processing: April-12-2008
    Fedexed the passport : April 16, 2008
    Received new passport: April 17,2008

    CGI Mail room keeps track of the passport status. They can lookup the applicant name and find the status.
    That's great news. My passport was received by them on March 7th so I hope I get it within the next few days! Thanks gc28262...!





    2010 %IMG_DESC_3% . %IMG_DESC_8%
  • %IMG_DESC_8%



  • Imigrait
    09-02 07:09 PM
    It is very hard to pass 28 sleepless night....:):) Hard to make it thru even one...

    I know, especially since last year I sat around for 2 months(Aug and Sept '08) when I was current, hoping my file would be touched. What did Obama say "HOPE" ? I guess that's what we're living on. It could be a "MIRAGE" too :rolleyes:.



    more...


    . %IMG_DESC_9%
  • %IMG_DESC_9%



  • delhirocks
    06-14 03:02 PM
    I don't know much about the process...but can't you just scrap your old labor...file with PERM (15 day preperation time, 1 mth Ads, 1 mth waiting period -- puts you in sept 1st), Labor cleared in 3 weeks (sep 21st) and then file 140 & 485 together. Might cost you like 10,000, but in my books its totaly worth it, if you & your wife get an ead even 6 mths earlier.

    Years we have been told priority date establishes your place in the queue.

    We have spurned job offers and declined the new PERM process to hold on to the priority dates.

    Many are still awaiting labor certifications from the backlog elimination centers. Out comes USCIS and says everyone with a LC can file I140 & I485.

    People still waiting for LC with priority dates in 2003-2004 are seeing applicants who have priority dates as late as 2007 but with approved LCs through PERM walk through to I485.

    Net result, USCIS is going to be flooded with applicants enough to retrogress the priority dates 3-4 years back as early as september. (Everybody with a LC will be able to file for I485 in July). So applicants with priority dates of 2007 are going to get EAD and GC, while LC backlogged 2003 applicants to have to wait for another 3-4 years before they can even file I485.

    Aint fair. Aint fair at all. How can this be. How can rules be changed in the middle of the game.





    hair %IMG_DESC_4% . %IMG_DESC_10%
  • %IMG_DESC_10%



  • doxa
    06-28 06:59 AM
    So?
    What is your point?

    I don�t buy the argument that only India and China produce the brightest people who are willing to work here in U.S. There are just as many people from Europe and the rest of the world who are just as qualified and who would want to work in the U.S. The problem starts with the H1-B visas, where most of them are taken by these Indian IT consulting companies. Correct me if I�m wrong, but I don�t think these IT companies hire non-Indian workers. There are many qualified people from the rest of the world who are willing to work here in U.S, but can�t because the majority of the H1-B visas is going to Indians and Chinese nationals. Perhaps, there should be a per-country quota at the H1-B level. I don�t think there is anything wrong with the current country quota; if some countries don�t use their quotas then these quotas roll into the countries that have higher demand.



    more...


    . %IMG_DESC_11%
  • %IMG_DESC_11%



  • xela
    03-24 01:28 PM
    I hear you! Easter lunch was too much, I did become a godmother on top of it all :)

    :D Sorry, it's a Monday morning and I still have a "hang over" from over eating at Easter lunch yesterday. So I can't even type straight! LOL and in my defence I and O are right next to each other on the keypad. :D


    Stillhopefull you have been current for a while, so they should be working on yours...one would think...I do believe Texas is behind though, according to the uscis web site Nebraska is processing July and Texas not yet.





    hot %IMG_DESC_5% . %IMG_DESC_12%
  • %IMG_DESC_12%



  • ashkam
    04-09 11:18 AM
    gc4me : Pardon me, but how is citizenship not a relevant issue to legal immigrants? If you're not worried about citizenship issues, then why are you even infesting this thread? Many people, including me, might be interested. And I have indeed contributed, although I don't see how that is any of your business and as long as this website isn't being hosted on your home computer, I don't see what gives you the right to ask it of anyone in a patronizing tone. It's simple really, if you're not interested in any issue, just stay away. No one needs your BS sarcasm or disapproval.

    supplychainwallah : you seem to have pretty deep-rooted issues. I recommend you get some anger management counselling.



    more...


    house %IMG_DESC_17% . %IMG_DESC_13%
  • %IMG_DESC_13%



  • gsc999
    04-10 05:12 PM
    Kudo's to Nola for comming out with the Idea and working tirelessly to Launch Team IV over the past couple of months. You are Awesome
    --
    Nola has done pioneering work. Santb, thanks for your tiresome support





    tattoo %IMG_DESC_6% . %IMG_DESC_14%
  • %IMG_DESC_14%



  • amitjoey
    04-09 05:17 PM
    When we were running this campaign with a goal to reach 10,000 members most of us were hitting a wall with a lot of new people on H1.
    It seemed like a lot of new people (newly on H1- ONLY 2-3 years on a H1) did not seem to care about the issues surrounding EB Visas and the employment based GC-MESS. They simply were too new and frankly had not filed their permanent labor or given a thought about it. They were/are naive about the steps involved, the complications and the number of years it will take w/retrogression.
    With this new bill S1035 in debate restricting H1-Renewals and other such things, we can get a lot of these people's attention.
    So lets reach out to these people again, and get them involved. We need a lot of strength in terms of number of members and sorry, the annoying other item that I am scared to talk about is more $$.



    more...


    pictures %IMG_DESC_7% . %IMG_DESC_15%
  • %IMG_DESC_15%



  • EB3_SEP04
    06-11 12:02 PM
    e-filed (NSC) on 04/19 and received the notice on 04/23. No update after that.

    Called the customer care today. The representative opened a SR as I haven't received biometric appointment notice. Not sure how that's going to help as many folks have got their EAD without fingerprinting.

    EAD expires on 92nd day. So keeping the fingers crossed :(

    I woudn't worry much, it's not been even 2 months. My wife's EAD filed in mid-march was approved in 60 days. next week we both recvd notices for FP. i sent my EAD and our AP's 2 days before our FP appointment date. i think you will recv yours by month-end. Good luck.

    My EAD:
    Paper filed at Dallas Lockbox
    sent on: 6/2/10 (via USPS express mail)
    recvd by USCIS: 6/3/10
    check cleared : 6/9/10
    no receipt notice yet.
    current EAD expires 9/25/10





    dresses %IMG_DESC_12% . %IMG_DESC_16%
  • %IMG_DESC_16%



  • appas123
    08-05 05:13 PM
    It is encouraging to know that your case is assigned to an officer that you raised an SR on Aug 3rd. An SR was raised for me on Aug 3rd as well and the customer service rep mentioned that my case is also assigned to an officer...

    So, Will Aug 18th be "the day" to look for ?? :D

    Good luck to you and let us keep all of our friends posted on the same

    Cheers
    That would seem to be true. I am hoping that our cases will be approved even before that. I have exhausted everything that I can do except for Ombudsman - which I want to keep as last resort.



    more...


    makeup %IMG_DESC_9% . %IMG_DESC_17%
  • %IMG_DESC_17%



  • NolaIndian32
    09-01 04:55 PM
    Congratulations .. and keep supporting IV. I would ask each lucky one who get GC in sep 2009 should DONATE atleast one time 100 USD gift to IV.

    I couldn't agree with you more. Just made a one time donation of $100 via paypal.
    Receipt ID: 1988-7134-7465-5315

    Of course I am going to continue to be a monthly donor.
    Thanks to everyone for your best wishes. I am so looking forward to my trip to India in December this year, my boss approved my vacation today and then sent me home to celebrate!!:D

    Hoping to see many more approvals this week and all month long.:)

    -Nola





    girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14% . %IMG_DESC_18%
  • %IMG_DESC_18%



  • buddyinsd
    08-05 05:47 PM
    I've been waiting for 8 freakin yrs N I hv my own story yeah yeah...Life as a Prospective Legal Indian/Chinese Immigrant SUX FOR SURE!!!





    hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11% . %IMG_DESC_19%
  • %IMG_DESC_19%



  • spicy_guy
    07-15 01:20 AM
    As I said before, IV should step up for EB3-I/C/ROW cause since policies seem to be working in favor of other EBs (which is good) but EB3 is stuck..

    Here are some paths to consider.

    1. IV has established relationships with some key politicians through the advocacy days, may be that channel can work
    or
    2. Allow interfiling with spouse
    or
    3. Allow folks to file I-485 for an approved I-140 even if the dates are not current
    or
    4. Have an endless EAD and AP (by endless I mean 5 years)
    or
    5. Recapture (Tie it to a bill...eg Zoe Lofgren or Feigngold will not sign Finance reform bill unless lost EB visas are recaptured). It will help EB2 folks as well. Give Feingold a call, he is voting no on Finance reform. May be he can kick in something for legal EB folks (similar to cornhusker) and may vote Yes and be the 60th vote.

    What I suggest you guys to do is build upon these ideas above rather than destroy it or be sarcastic about it.

    They certainly need to consider joining other groups....
    Immigrationforamerica, immigrantlist, etc. Just tie up with a few politicization won't cut it, I think.

    Some relief, if they consider wait period is counted towards citizenship eligibility.





    chintu25
    01-15 03:14 PM
    Do you think Investing in Bank of America now is a good idea? Today it is 7.54 per share..

    Sumanitha,

    Kind of bad news here for BOA

    http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/jan2009/db20090115_900929.htm


    STOCK DROPPED 14 % APPROX ...Would ve been a great short.


    Still good for Long term





    Abhinaym
    01-10 01:25 PM
    I might be wrong, but I read somewhere that these numbers would go to those working in math or science related fields AND who had graduated with a related degree in the last 5 years.

    Again, I'm not 100% on it, just wanted to check if anyone else heard the same.